What is the Incentive Fund?
The Incentive Fund provides high-performing organisations with grants to improve service delivery and/or provide economic opportunities for the people of PNG. It is funded by the Australian Government.
Now in its fourth phase, the Incentive Fund has become a widely recognised and valued component of Australia’s aid program in PNG. Informed by reviews, evaluations and lessons learnt from the previous phases, grants awarded under this phase will target three key outcomes mutually agreed between the Australian and PNG governments:
- 80% will support the empowerment of women and girls
- 20% will support private sector investment
- 50% will be allocated to infrastructure activities
Eligible organisations can apply for grants of between K1 million and K10 million, which are awarded through a competitive process. Organisations must submit a project proposal to obtain a grant. Projects can be from any development sector, but Incentive Fund Phase 4 especially encourages proposals from organisations and projects that:
- Involve agriculture and rural development
- Partner with private sector or civil society organisations
- Benefit provincial PNG
- Feature innovative ideas
- Represent development effectiveness and value-for-money.